function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NJ_RayNJ_Ray 

Case Related list Visual force page as a custom console component

Hello experts,
I am a newbie just started to dig into the world of Apex and Visualforce page. Here is my scenario, please help me design this into code or just tell me the components involved ans some code snippets as examples.
I have a case feed page layout to which I would like to add a custom console component of a visualforce page
This visual force page should essentially contain "Cases" related list based upon the contact ID(parent) of the case(child object). In simple terms I would like to view all the other cases(Basically want to mimic the cases related list that you would see under a contact detail page) that this contact has besides the current case which is visible in the case feed. I believe the Visual force page to get the related list of cases from a case page(which returns the case Id ) is not enough, I would have to look up to the parent record of the case, i,e Case.Contact Id, Getid() and pass it to on to the child object to fecth the parent's-child related list il.e Contact's-Related cases. Is this even possible? If so, please guide me on its design. Thanks so much!
NJ