function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tammy Luckett 3Tammy Luckett 3 

How do I make custom record types visible to all users?

I have created my first custom record type under leads (and the same new record type under accounts and contacts). While our sales people can see that new type when creating a new lead, that lead is then invisible to them. How do I make it so they can see the new record? I created a new view in leads to show the new record type - only those of us with admin privileges can see anything in that view. In every profile, it shows the new record type under "record type settings", but the problem continues. What am I missing? 
Best Answer chosen by Tammy Luckett 3
AM2014AM2014
Hi Tammy,
Please verify if the OWD for Lead  object is set to private,then records will be only visible (and editable) to users who own the record, assuming they have access to read and/or edit via profile or permission sets.

All Answers

AM2014AM2014
Hi Tammy,

You should guide the users to create their own list view, or create a list view which is visible to all.
I'm sorry. I must not have been clear. They can see the view, but no records appear. No one without administrative privileges can see any of these records, even if they are the one that created the record.
AM2014AM2014
Hi,

Check the OWD for Lead object in your org and the objecft level permissions granted to that users profile.
Hi AM2014, Thanks for helping out. I don't know what OWD stands for. Everyone in our organization has the rights to see every lead, account, and contact, but these new record types are invisible. 
AM2014AM2014
Hi Tammy,
Please verify if the OWD for Lead  object is set to private,then records will be only visible (and editable) to users who own the record, assuming they have access to read and/or edit via profile or permission sets.
This was selected as the best answer
Hi AM2014. What does OWD stand for? Where will I find those settings?
AM2014, You are awesome! I used the almighty Google and was able to work it out from there. It was in the OWD.