function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MMuneeeMMuneee 

how to map user object lookup fields with custom object lookup fileds.

I have A_info,B_info,C_info fields in user object. And i have a_luk,b_luk,c_luk fields in Custom object.

I want auto papulate the custom object fields with user object fileds.can any one help me

Thanks
RamuRamu (Salesforce Developers) 
You may use workflow rule field update action to get the user field details on the custom object field details.

Review the below youtube video for a demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHdqKvio8P0
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Who will be the user whose field values you wish to copy over to the custom record fields?
Will it be theCustom Record owner?

In that case, you can simply create a custom formula field which can copy over these values, sample shown in image below:

here: Notification is the custom object - 
User-added image
MMuneeeMMuneee
user object : A_info is lookup field (I click on lookup filed and selected the  muneendar.sf@gmail.com).this muneendar.sf@gmail.com is auto papulate on custom object field a_luk.   

Like this i have user object multiple fileds need to auto papulate with custom object fields.

thanks
AM2014AM2014
Hi ,

You cannot acieve this via workflow rule, this can be possible via an Apex Trigger.
It is not possible to update fields on User object via custom objects fields , as you cannot create a master detail relationship with User object.

MMuneeeMMuneee
can any one provide the trigger code for this example