function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken Gibson 15Ken Gibson 15 

Anyone getting an Internal Server Error with Lightning?

Good afternoon -

I'm working through the Lightning Components Developer Guide from DreamForce, and am getting an Internal Server Error when trying to Submit a new Expense. I've been through the code line-by-line, and have yet to find anything. Neither the Chrome or Firefox JS consoles show an error, and the System.debug() method around the "upsert expense; return expense;" code in the controller doesn't log anything. The error message says

An internal server error has occurred Error ID: 670155758-10800 (-1177185898)

Thanks!
EnreecoEnreeco
Hi Ken,
this seem to be some sort of code problem: could be Server Side (you may see an exception in the Log panel of the Console App) or something (frustrating I know, the error is not self explaining :) ) related to e.g. bad namespace reference (you used the example namespace instead of your own).

--
May the Force.com be with you!
Harshit PandeyHarshit Pandey
Usually, you get it when something goes wrong (most resource/variable name) mismatch
Monalisa Das 22Monalisa Das 22
You get this message also when your code throws some exception.Insert some try catch block and return exception.message from code.Display the message returned using console.log
Ardavan MetArdavan Met
Make sure you have read or edit access on the fields that you are trying to read/write.
See here: https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/100990/an-internal-server-error-has-occurred-error-id-143631613-25605-15667340/101001#101001