function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eriklangeriklang 

What are the steps to make sure TLS is enabled?

We got an email that says "As an administrator of a Salesforce org that may have recently been accessed using SSL 3.0 encryption, we want to inform you of a change regarding supported encryption protocols. Over the next two months, Salesforce will be disabling SSL 3.0 encryption in a phased approach to prevent it from being used to access the Salesforce platform."

But the email doesn't contain any info about how to switch to TLS.  I have a .NET web service that is called from Salesforce to get data from a different app. I also have .NET code in another app that communicates with Salesforce using API version 19.0.  What are the steps to make sure each of them uses the correct settings?  And how can we test it to make sure we won't have an interruption when SSL is no longer allowed?

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
I believe the following thread should answer your questions related to TLS enablement in .NET:
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/54960/ensuring-my-application-complies-with-ssl3-0-being-disabled
eriklangeriklang
That's helpful, but how do we test it to make sure there's no downtime when SSL is cut off?