function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gary PayneGary Payne 

How to increase the width of a long text field in a Visualforce page?

I need to widen a long text inputField on a Visualforce page.  Following is the current apex code:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Comments (Internal Use Only)" columns="1">

<apex:PageBlockSectionItem >

<apex:outputLabel value="Additional Comments:" for="RFP_Request__c_Additional_Comments__c"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!RFP_Request__c.Additional_Comments__c}" id="RFP_Request__c_Additional_Comments__c"/> 

</apex:PageBlockSectionItem>

What is the code to make the inputField wider?
NekosanNekosan
For apex:PageBlockSectionItem you have to give styclass - labelstyleclass and datastyleclass. You can give width in that class. 
Gary PayneGary Payne
Thanks for the recommendations. I was able to use the following apex code to widen the long text area fields display on my Visualforce pages: textarea { width: 95%; } It seems to be working so far. Gary Payne, CRM Administrator/Information Technology SWBC 9311 San Pedro Ave., Suite 600 San Antonio, TX 78216 888-391-6707 - Toll Free/ Help Desk 210-376-6057 - Direct 714-474-5915 - Mobile 210-468-4135 - Fax [cid:image001.png@01CFFA65.FADA11B0] Visit our website at www.swbc.com [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: swbc-iphone-logo28] [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: facebook-official-28px] [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: linkedIn-official-28px] [Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: youTube-sm]