function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nareshnaresh 

one custom object having picklist field with 10 values. there are 2 users with different profile and 1st user must see only first 5 picklist values and 2nd user must see remaining values

one custom object having picklist field with 10 values. there are 2 users with different profile and 1st user must see only first 5 picklist values and 2nd user must see remaining values. please suggest me how to do it.
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
You can create two records type for that custom object and then can easily set Picklist values or other fields according to your requirement. Then assign those records type for two different user based on their profile.

For more help visit 
http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_recordtype.htm&language=en_US
nareshnaresh
@deepak,

Thanks for ur mail deepak. By record types we can restrict the field but not the picklist field values.

Please explain me if i am wrong
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
I think you can .. Go to your record Type select a record Type and then click on edit link for your Picklist type field and then can select values which you want to show for this record type
s shekar 19s shekar 19
Hi All i am also  having the same doubt how assign the Pick list field values to two users.But Not with Page layouts,by using Apex coding we need to assign 5values to one user and other 5 values to other user in the picklist field.Any one can help me in this case will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance and try to get out of it