function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chitral ChaddaChitral Chadda 

difference between id ,accountid, parentid (in feed item) abd RelatedRecordId

can abybody let me know basic difference with an exmple about the diffrence
Best Answer chosen by Chitral Chadda
Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran
IdStandard Salesforce Id for a record.
ParentId : This Id is used to related a feed item to either User record or an Account record this field comes in role for both.
Let say you want to associate a feed Item with an Account record then you need to pass that Account id in this field as ParentId = '001XXXXXXX' ;
And if you want to do the same for an User then you need to pass that User Id in this field as Parent Id = '005XXXXXXXXX' ;

All Answers

IdStandard Salesforce Id for a record.
ParentId : This Id is used to related a feed item to either User record or an Account record this field comes in role for both.
Let say you want to associate a feed Item with an Account record then you need to pass that Account id in this field as ParentId = '001XXXXXXX' ;
And if you want to do the same for an User then you need to pass that User Id in this field as Parent Id = '005XXXXXXXXX' ;

This was selected as the best answer
Chitral ChaddaChitral Chadda
Ty I go the point Wat u mentioned is about id What about accountid And relatedparentid
I've already cover the concept of AccountId and RelatedRecordId is ID of the ContentVersion object associated with a ContentPost. This field is null for all posts except ContentPost.For example, set this field to an existing ContentVersion and post it to a feed as a FeedItem object of TypeContentPost.

For more help on Feilds related to feed Item visit : http://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_feeditem.htm