function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chintan Shah 10Chintan Shah 10 

Does hybrid remote app have offline capabilities ?

I am planning to develop a hybrid remote mobile app using forcedroid. As per my understanding; hybrid remote will use the visual force pages which will be hosted on cloud. I want that application to have ofline capabilities like user should be able to use the application with last data which was downloaded while he was online.
If hybrid remote can leverage offline capabilities; then I wonder how does the app render the visualforce page which is hostd on cloud.
RishavRishav
Hi Chaintan,
                         yes Hybrid app is having offline capabilites. But it does't mean that it will render the page hosted on cloud in offline mode.
                         After successful loading of page it first make some cache and then you can perform some limited operation in offline mode.
                        Even you can try to upload the file in offline mode but it will not upload on the server first it will cache it into local memory and then as it will get the internet connection it will send the data to server.

Thanks
Chintan Shah 10Chintan Shah 10
Hi,

I can understand that user at least needs to access the application once while online.  But after that first access; will that page be available in offline.
For eg - I have a Visual force page displaying list of customers in a table. User accesses hybrid remote app in online mode first & gets to see that customized customer visual force page with 5 records. Now what I need to understand is - will the user be able to see the same page with that 5 records when in offline mode

Thanks
Chintan
gbu.varungbu.varun
Hi Chintan,

You can use Salesforce SDK to create Hybrid app. It uses smartsync to use Salesforce offline. You will have to create your own GUI.

Thanks,
Varun Rajpoot