function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Static DevStatic Dev 

Email used in email to case and auto response rule can it be same

Hi,

I am implementing email to case and auto response rule. I know salesforce says not use the same email address used in email to case to be used in auto response rule. Is there any alternative to this, If yes please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
If you have the Autoresponse rule sender email address same as the Email to Case Address - what you will have to save the ORG is from the creation of cases which get created due to Out of office infinite loops.

What you can do to avoid the above it to have a rule setup in your Email to Case routing address box such that it doesn't forward any emails to Salesforce which have "Out of office" phrase in the subject line - this would take care of the OOO loops formation, however, this is not foolproof as in some cases the loop might still trigger if OOO phrase is not present in the subject line.
Static DevStatic Dev
Hi Sonam,

The situation i am in right now is I have created case auto response rule and set its order as 3. There is also another rule whose order is say 20.
Both the rules have same Record type in its criteria. But Rule no 3 has more criteraia were as 20 has only one on RT.

For testing when i send test emails, I am getting auto response from other rule order 20 rather than 3. I don't know exactly what causing this.
Any help is apperciated.

Thanks.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
When you set multiple rules for Autoresponse - they are all created with an OR condition which means as soon any of the criteria is MET, the response will be sent and the further evaluation of rules with be aborted.

The test case you are creating, does it meet the 3rd criteria and still its executing only the 20th one?