function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chandrasekhar reddychandrasekhar reddy 

Deleting a converted Lead?

Hi,
I created a Lead then converted. After conversion, It created an Account, Contact and Opportunity. Now If I delete the converted Lead then will there be any impact on already created Account, Contact and Opportunity ?

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by chandrasekhar reddy
Geoffrey J FlynnGeoffrey J Flynn
Hi,
Converted leads are kept in the database for reporting purposes.  You could run analytics on Conversion %, Time to Conversion, Conversion Rate by Country, etc.  If you don't run any analytics on converted lead information then you don't need them and there is no negative impact from deletion.  
That being said, I probably wouldn't delete them unless I was running into space issues since it does little harm to keep them.  They aren't really visible outside of reports and DataLoader pulls, and there is an IsConverted field you can always use to exclude them from anything.
Geoff

All Answers

No impact, they are separate records completely
Thanks much for your reply. Do you foresee any problem if converted leads are deleted? Why are these converted leads required?

Hi,
Converted leads are kept in the database for reporting purposes.  You could run analytics on Conversion %, Time to Conversion, Conversion Rate by Country, etc.  If you don't run any analytics on converted lead information then you don't need them and there is no negative impact from deletion.  
That being said, I probably wouldn't delete them unless I was running into space issues since it does little harm to keep them.  They aren't really visible outside of reports and DataLoader pulls, and there is an IsConverted field you can always use to exclude them from anything.
Geoff
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you so much for your answer.