function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shiv@SFDCshiv@SFDC 

Tab Visibility

Hi All,

I am facing some customize problem, please let me know how can I solve It.
Requirement:

1. I am working on communities where I need to hide some standard tab(chatter & Groups tab) for the community user.
What I did: I went to community user profile and select the tab hidder for tab setting.
Result : It's working fine.

2. Now For other profile I need to show these tabs (chatter & Groups tab) but when I loged in community as internal user by default chatter tab is selected. Whic I do not want. I have a custom tab for a VF Page, I want to make this tab by default selected.
What I did: I made chatter & Groups tab as default off in custom setting and made my custom tab as default on, I am expecting that this will make thes 2 tab visibel but not selected by default.
Result: Thes two tabs not coming in tabbar itself. I hope this must be when I select tab hidded not the "Default Off".

Please let me know what point i am missing. It's urgent.
Thanks,
Shiv

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
When you select a tab as Default OFF - it will not appear in the App at all and users can't get it in the App even through the customize tab setting.

You should keep the Tab as HIDDEN if you wish to give the perms to users to be able to add the tab if required.

Sudeep DubeSudeep Dube
Hi Shiv,
           1. First u put the all the tabs in communty Administration and which tab u want to landing will be first and click on that tab among selected tabs  
           2. Then go to the profiles for which u don't want give access the tab then hidden for that partucular profile
          3 Now for other profile visible the tab which u want to show which are in selected tabs in cummunity 

I hope it will work fine . and carefully do the sequesce of tab in cummunity setting.