function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
viswsanathviswsanath 

how to create pop-up click on record in apex class?

HI,
how to create pop-up click on record in apex class?

When ever we are click on record. it will show the pop-up window and alsow in that pop-up window populate the all values? could you plas any one help me .

Thanks,
Viswa
Cory CowgillCory Cowgill
I think you are confused but I will help point you in the right direction.

The Salesforce.com platform follows the MVC (Model View Controller) model of application development. The View layer is either Visualforce (JSF like coded page) or Standard Pages (Out of the box pages that are customizable to an extend).

So the first thing to do is try and solve this with out of the box customizations, commonly called "Clicks Not Code".

To do this with clicks:

There is an out of the box feature called "Mini Page Layouts" which allows you to configure popups to display fields without any code.
User-added image

Then if someone hovers of the lookup field it will popup fields you want to display.

User-added image

Now this may not work for your use case. You may need to do this in a VIsualforce Page for whatever reason. Inside a VF Page you can use traditional Javascript along with Apex and VF Features to query the data using SOQL / Remote Javascript Objects / ETC. That is more advanced and if you want to go down that route you can learn more about it here:

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead