function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdotcomsfdotcom 

Create a visualforce page & controller for Status__c Object

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a custom object name: Status__c

and field is Staus_name__c    and picklist values for this Status Name__c are 

1. Task
    2. email alert
    3. chatter post
    4. field update

--> If task is selected then it should ask Start date, End Date, Assign task to whom
    --> If email alert is selected then it should ask Email template
    --> If Field Update is selected then it should ask field name
    --> If Chatter post is selected then it should ask post name.

Can you please write the VF and Apex Controller code for above task..

Thanks in Advance..
Best Answer chosen by sfdotcom
Simon ReparSimon Repar
I assume that data (start date, end date, email template, field name,etc....) is stored in fields on the same object (Status__c). I would do that with record types. Create 4 record types (task,email alert, chatter post, field update) and create 4 different layouts. Then assign appropriate fields for each record type and you've completed this task with no coding.

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
Mohmad,

We are here to help if you need it, but we are not here to do your work for you.  You'll either need to look into hiring a consultant to do the work for you, or if you are willing, I would suggest looking through either Trailhead (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead) or resources like https://developer.salesforce.com/page/An_Introduction_to_Visualforce.
Simon ReparSimon Repar
I assume that data (start date, end date, email template, field name,etc....) is stored in fields on the same object (Status__c). I would do that with record types. Create 4 record types (task,email alert, chatter post, field update) and create 4 different layouts. Then assign appropriate fields for each record type and you've completed this task with no coding.

This was selected as the best answer