function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bouscalbouscal 

Trailhead: Creating Global Publisher Actions

Getting an error message stating, "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
You do not have the correct account fields in the 'Update Account Information' publisher action"

However, the challenge specifically states that the new action be titled "New Detailed Account".
Thinking it may be a typo I renamed my action, still failed but stated that the "New Detailed Account" action didn't exist.
Next I changed the name back to the correct name referenced in the challenge and created a new one with the name mentioned in the error, but there's no way to tell what the actual fields within that action should be so it still fails.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Best Answer chosen by bouscal
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Hi,
There is a typo in the error message in Trailhead. The error message should have read "You do not have the correct account fields in the 'New Detailed Account' publisher action". We'll fix the typo ASAP and push it out to production - sincere apologies for the confusing error message. The Global Action should indeed be named 'New Detailed Account' as described in the challenge and as you had it originally.

The underlyling issue in your case (and the reason you're seeing that error at all), is that you don't seem to have the neccessary fields added to the Layout of that Global Action. Can you please double check that you have the Account Name, Type, Rating and Fax fields in the Layout (as described in the second bullet of the challenge)? Thanks and sorry again for the confusing error message.

Sandeep Bhanot
Salesforce.com

All Answers

bouscalbouscal
I have found part of the solution, unit 5 needs to be completed before unit 4.  However the listed fields in unit 5 still produce the same error for both unit 4 and unit 5.  Gotta love betas.  :-)
Anitha J J 2Anitha J J 2
Hi bouscal,
I have completed unit 4 first and then I moved to unit 5. It worked fine. 

Below snapshot is my Global Action for Create New Account. Thanks :)

User-added image

bouscalbouscal
Thanks for the response Anitha.  
I noticed that your action pictured above doesn't meet the requirements defined in module 4, specifically that it be labled 'New Detailed Account', however I adjusted mine to match yours and still received the same error message about the Update action not having the correct fields.  
We also have record types for Accounts, I've checked with having the action create the record using --Master-- and the admin account's default record type and both ways fail with the same message.  
Create New Account action
Hi,
There is a typo in the error message in Trailhead. The error message should have read "You do not have the correct account fields in the 'New Detailed Account' publisher action". We'll fix the typo ASAP and push it out to production - sincere apologies for the confusing error message. The Global Action should indeed be named 'New Detailed Account' as described in the challenge and as you had it originally.

The underlyling issue in your case (and the reason you're seeing that error at all), is that you don't seem to have the neccessary fields added to the Layout of that Global Action. Can you please double check that you have the Account Name, Type, Rating and Fax fields in the Layout (as described in the second bullet of the challenge)? Thanks and sorry again for the confusing error message.

Sandeep Bhanot
Salesforce.com
This was selected as the best answer
bouscalbouscal
Thank you Sandeep, the issue wasn't that the fields weren't there but I found that somehow I'd hidden one of them from the Sys Admin's view.  Rating was not visible and therefore threw the error.
Aagh. Got it. Glad you could figure out the issue! 
Heather Hong 2Heather Hong 2
I thought I have pick the correct field but it still show the error "You do not have the correct account fields in the 'New Detailed Account' publisher action". Have anyone face this error?
User-added image

That does look correct from the screenshot.
Heather - can you please confirm that you've created a Global Publisher action and not an object-specific one on the Account object? Also, id this a new Developer Edition with no namespace? Thanks

Sandeep

Heather Hong 2Heather Hong 2
Hei Sandeep,

After register a new developer edition with the same operation, it work!
There's must be something interrupt the judgement of the challenge.

Thanks for your reply

Heather
Kathy Hinton 1Kathy Hinton 1
Had the same problem, bouscal's answer worked for me. The Rating field in my trailhead org was hidden from everyone; when I made it visible, the Challenge worked.
MárcioCabralMárcioCabral
I was with the same problem. The Rating field was hidden. I think that there's some exercise that asks to hide him...
Gerwin Tromp 3Gerwin Tromp 3
Hi, could someone show me where they have the rating field hidden? I think it is correct in my org, but want to make sure. I am having the same error and it is driving me nuts :)
i double checked all my settings 5 times now, can not find the solution to the error message: 'You do not have the correct account fields in the 'Update Account Information' publisher action"And i get this message now in both challenge 4 and 5. So if someone can help me out here, i would be most thankfull!
Carlos...JuniorCarlos...Junior
I'm having the same problem Gerwin Tromp 3 ... I also stopped the challenges 4-5 ...
Can anyone help in changing the hidden sort field? ... Please ... thank you !
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
I just ran through the module and everything worked properly with a new org. I would try two things:
  1. Check your field accessiblity and make sure the field is not hidden.
  2. Make sure you are creating a global action and not an Account specific action.
How do I check my accessibility field to see if the field is hidden?
checked and double checked again, i must be missing something, but i can not see it myself.
Would anyone be willing to check this part in my org?

Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
You can check Setup > Administer > Security Controls > Fields Accessibility and choose your object. Then you can either view by profile or fields. I'd choose profile that way you can see everything at one time. So choose Profile and then select your profile (probably Sys Admin) to see all of the fields. Make sure the fields you are checking are "Editable". If not, click on the field and change the setting. HTH
I checked and all fields of the challenge are marked as "editable", only the "account name" that is marked "required" ... I wonder what's wrong? ...
ronaldo azevedoronaldo azevedo
Hi,
I am having the same error, below are the screens
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

No record type for the account....

User-added image

i really appreciate if someone can help me to solve this issue.

Raquel TejeroRaquel Tejero
Hi,

I am having the same error than you and I have alredy checked it is not a visibility problem.

Any answer for this? thanks in advance.
João Paulo OrtizJoão Paulo Ortiz

I am having the same error than you and quit for this Challenge for now
ChrisPChrisP
Fixed it!

In my case the problem was that I had relabeled the Account field using "Rename Tabs and Labels." (Setup--> Customize --> Tab Names and Labels --> Rename Tabs and Labels) Once I clicked the reset link and set all the standard fields back to their out-of-the-box names, both Challenges 4 and 5 passed!
Mariena WiersemaMariena Wiersema
I did all the above, in my org not the solution. Any other suggestions. Challenge 4 and 5 are wrongly judged
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
If anyone is still having issues with this module, please email me (jdouglas at salesfore) your org's credentials and I'll take a look for you.

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
Mariena WiersemaMariena Wiersema
Thanks Jef,
I found out what caused the error. I did my challenge in one org and Trailhead was connected to the other...
So it was my own stupid mistake :)
Nidhi SoniNidhi Soni
I'm having same trouble, couldn't figure out what's the issue ? 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
You do not have the correct account fields in the 'New Detailed Account' publisher action layout
Isma SAFWATIsma SAFWAT
I have the same problem but I don't know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance