function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Curt D EnsignCurt D Ensign 

Is there a way to set up an approval reminder that a user can reply to?

We use Approval Workflows and have email response enabled. It works fine. But I want to send a reminder if the approver hasn't approved or rejected after 48 hrs. When I send an email to the approver - from my personal email address - they reply to that with the "approve". So this doesn't work. (it needs to be going to Email Approval something.something@wrkfl.salesforce.com)

Is there any way to create that reply-to address (something.something@wrkl.salesforce.com) so I can set the reply-to address as that, and the users can actually reply to the reminder email. 
BalajiRanganathanBalajiRanganathan

How are you sending the reminder email?
You can add the something.something@wrkl.salesforce.com as Organization-Wide Email Addresses and then use that as from address
in the Email Alert or Apex code (setOrgWideEmailAddressId(ID)).

BalajiRanganathanBalajiRanganathan
i think salesforce uses different from email for each record for approval. so you have to create a new Email Service to process the reminder emails and have the record name in the apporal email subject and process the approaval in the email service.

what we currently do is ask the user to go SFDC directly to approve the record when sending reminder email. they can only reply to the original email. our reminder subject starts with DO Not Reply.