function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David ChurchillDavid Churchill 

Unmanaged Package Install Failed

I've been trying to install an unmanaged package into our Partner Test Environment and the install is failing with the following message: 

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again. 
None of the data or setup information in yoursalesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error. 
If this error persists, contact salesforce.comSupport through your normal channels and reference number: 1396931057-15838 (7800446)" 

I found some Apex classes that had our dev org namespace prefix, I removed them and then recreated and uploaded the package and it still fails.

Any assistance as to why this is failing would be greatly appreciated.
Best Answer chosen by David Churchill
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi David,

There might be some components in your org that are conflicting with the package. Is there any specific error message, please post that so we can help you.

Thanks,
Pratik

All Answers

Hi David,

There might be some components in your org that are conflicting with the package. Is there any specific error message, please post that so we can help you.

Thanks,
Pratik
This was selected as the best answer
David ChurchillDavid Churchill
Pratik,
Thanks for the follow up.  Support was able to give me the specific error message, which as you indicated referenced an object that was causing the problem.  The object was not necessary for the package I'd created so I removed it and was finally able to install the package.

Best regards,
David
Great to hear it's working!

Thanks,
Pratik