function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SARANG DESHPANDESARANG DESHPANDE 

I am creating Hiring manager permission set and I am getting edit and read check boxes of SSN field as selected by default. Also they are uneditable for me. Why is this so?

Suneel#8Suneel#8
I guess it is because SSN is a required field on the Object
SARANG DESHPANDESARANG DESHPANDE
Hi,

Thanks Suneel for your reply. Yes, SSN is a requied field on the objec,but I have a doubt furthur.
SSN is a field in candidate object and I have given object permission as only "read" for this object to Hiring manager permission set. Then how does it makes SSN field editable even though it is a required field on the object?
Suneel#8Suneel#8
That is the standard behaviour in Salesforce to treat a required field.Having edit access on one field without edit access on the object doesn't empower assigned user with edit access on the whole object or that particular field(as edit button will be disabled on the page).Editable access on the particular field will work only when the assigned user has edit access on the specific object but read only access for the other fields.In short,this doesn't allow that field to be read only when Object level access is Edit for that profile.You can also find this by going to Field Level Security for that field, you will find that Read Only check boxes will be disabled against all the profiles.