function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jamie HorstmannJamie Horstmann 

I am trying to assign a product to an opportunity. I have added the product under the product section, however, after I go back into the opportunity page to assign the product to the opportunity, it says that the product is not there. Any suggestions?

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
When you create the product under the Product tab, can you please confirm it is in Active state? If not, you cannot really search it under the opportunity tab.
Anudeep BAnudeep B
Make Sure that the products which you want is checked as active and also it is better to define its price. then check in opportunity it will come. If still you getting same problem please notify me.
I have made sure each entry is active, and when I go to assign the product to the opportunity, it says that there are no products in the products tab.
Do I have to enter an amount in order to get the product to get the product to show under the opportunity? The price of some of our products can vary according to the project we are working on.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Aah, can you quickly check if you have added these products you created to a custom price book.

What happens is - you can select products from only one price book so incase you have these products in a different PB, they won't show up to be selected on the opp.
So if I wanted to just have a list of products to choose from, and assign to opportunities, which field in the products tab would be best to use?