function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Leon ZhangLeon Zhang 

I want to push custom notifications to Salesforce1 not using Chatter.

I want to push custom notifications to Salesforce1 not using Chatter. I found there is api can push notifications to native apps but not Salesforce1 because I don't know the api name of Salesforce1 for iOS. Can anyone help me on this? 
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
I think you are talking about the streaming api : 
http://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api_streaming/
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/salesforce1/salesforce1_guide.pdf
Leon ZhangLeon Zhang
@Sonam
Thank you very much for your quick response.
I think the streaming api is to push topics to the browser, right? I want to push notifications to the Salesforce1 downloadable app like chatter. I have created a visualforce page like chatter to post and respond some messages. The client wants to get notifications when other people post messages if they use Salesforce1 on mobile like chatter notification.
atif aliatif ali

@leon Zhang

I am also facing issue. did you find any solution or Api name for salesforce1 app.

Sunil Sinha 24Sunil Sinha 24
Are you able to send a custom notification to Salesforce 1 app?
sherrywangsherrywang
I have the same question as above, what is the API name of "Salesforce for Android" and "Salesforce for iOS"?
are they "connected app"? they probably are but since they are are not customized by us, so they don't appear in connected app list....
sherrywangsherrywang

I found the Developer Name of Salesforce1 for iOS and Android:

Chatter_for_Android
Chatter_for_iOS

you can find this information from AppMenuItem table (aka, App Manager screen on UI).

however, when I run the code, it'd still say System.NoAccessException: Invalid connected application: Chatter_for_Android

Marcio_FritschMarcio_Fritsch
I face same error without any solution so far. Whatever I try to do to callout .send() method does not work. I pulled Chatter_for_iOS but simply the throw error message comes up all the time