function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vigneshwaran LoganathanVigneshwaran Loganathan 

Rich Text not working in Visualforce page

I need to display a column value with the proper format. Let me explain my situation,

Am entering hint values in a Rich Text field and trying to display it in a pageblock table column.Am using show toggle function to that particular column based on the user click event on the other column.

Am entring the values as line by line.

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
When am seeing the rich text field value with the created record it is displaying properly with line by line.

But if I assign this field value to page block table column it is coming as a paragraph instead of line by line.

Line1 Line2 Line3
Also am using a div tag inside of apex column to show/hide the rich text field value based on the user clicks.If user clicks first column the second column will be shown/hidden.

So what I need do to display this rich text field value line by line...Is there any way to make it work...

Any help would be appreciated.
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Could you please share your code.
RavIndra VemulaRavIndra Vemula
I'm also having same type of issue. For Example i have created an Rich Text field on Account object and provided below data(format):

LIne1
LIne11
LIne1 LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1

LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1vv

LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1

but when i call it in vf page it was resulting below:

LIne1<br><span style="">LIne11<br><u>LIne1 LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1</u><br><br><i>LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1vv</i><br><br><b>LIne1LIne1LIne1LIne1</b></span>

Any ideas?
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Are you using apex:outputfield or apex:outputext ?
Please provide me code of your VF page then I could help you on this. 

RavIndra VemulaRavIndra Vemula

Thank u Shashikant. If we use <apex:OutputField> i'm getting the exact format.