function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anilkallamadi kallamadianilkallamadi kallamadi 

How to send user details and the domain name to the external system using Salesforce Canvas API.

Hello,

I am trying to get the third party application into Salesforce.com using Canvas and I able to achived it. But in my current system we are using iframe for bringing the Third party application into salesforce and I am trying to replace the iframe functionality using Canvas. In the iframe we are using a VF page for sending the parameters to the thrid party application and we are able to send the values. But when I do the same using VF page for Canvas I am not able to send the details using the Parameters option . Can any body suggest how to send the User login details and the values from saleforce Canvas to the third party application.

Below is the VF scripts I am using for sending the details for Canvas and for iframe:

Canvas VF script:

<apex:page standardController="Quote__c" showHeader="true"> <apex:canvasApp developerName="CPQ_Canvas" scrolling="yes" height="1000" width="1500px" parameters="{sfauthUserID:'{!$User.Username}',apiPartnerURL:'{!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_160}',apiSessionID:'{!$Api.Session_ID}',domain_name:'alldemos',apiPass:'Password',action:'New',sfqpOpportunityID:'{!Quote__c.Opportunity__c}'}"/> </apex:page>

iframe VF script:

<apex:page standardController="Quote__c" showHeader="true" > <apex:iframe scrolling="true" height="1000" src="{!$Setup.WebcomCPQ__CPQ_Domain_Name__c.WebcomCPQ__CPQ_Domain__c}/salesforce/SfLogin.aspx?sfauthUserID={!$User.Username}&apiPartnerURL={!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_160}&apiSessionID={!$Api.Session_ID}&domain_name=respdesign&apiPass=Password&action=Edit&sfqpOpportunityID={!Quote__c.Opportunity__c}&OwnerId={!CEILING(Quote__c.Owner_Id__c)}&QuoteId={!CEILING(Quote__c.Quote_Id__c)}"/> </apex:page>

Please any suggestions.

Regards,
Manju

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
You may find this helpful: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/36628/is-that-possible-to-send-and-receive-data-between-canvas-app-and-visualforce-pag