function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NaveenReddyNaveenReddy 

How to find deployment dependencies for any salesforce component?

Hi,
 I would like find all dependancies related to every component while deploying(to avoid deploy errors)..
Is there any way to find this. In change sets we have option view/add dependancies option.
How can this same can be achieved by writing any code or any other way apart from change sets.
i.e. While deploying an apex class I would like to see fields,objects etc..that is used in this class.

Note:it is very urgent and your help is really appreaciated. 

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Naveen.
Shaijan ThomasShaijan Thomas
How your are going to deploy, ANT or Eclipse will help to find the dependancies
Thanks
Shaijan
NaveenReddyNaveenReddy
Hi,

Thank u Shaijan for the response.

We are automating ANT migration tool.
Typically we retrieve metadata from SF using migration tool and try to deploy the the components.
While deploying any component if I find dependancies it is easy for us to deploy and to avoid errors.

If not clear pls ask me to get more info.

Regards,
Naveen

Shaijan ThomasShaijan Thomas
Usually developer will add the dependant component to the tracker. As a deployment admin team prepare the package based on the Tracker. There is a chance of missing from developer. that we can Identify from Deployment team. Tracker will consolidate for production
Thanks
Shaijan
NaveenReddyNaveenReddy
This is fine if we do deployment using change sets or Packages.
Im writing code in java and I would like to view All dependant components for a particular component.
Is there any way.

Regards,
Naveen.
Chandrashekhar GoudChandrashekhar Goud
@NaveenReddy, 
Did you find a solution for the above scenario, finding dependencies of each SF component?
Now, I have a similar requirement and any help would be appreciated.
#SFDependencyAnalyzer

Regards,
Chandu