function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Norman KrishnaNorman Krishna 

Deployment Error with Case Assignment Rules (maybe a Spring 15 issue)

MetaData API:  version 31
There is an issue when deploying Case Assignment Rules when a Predefined Case Team is assigned for more than one Rule.
Here is the deployment error: "Duplicate case team entry for SalesShare".
The workaround for the issue :
  1. Remove the following code from the Assignment Rules metadata XML " <team>SalesShare</team>"
  2. Deploy the Assignment Rule
  3. Manually update the Rules which have the Predefined Case Teams back
Hopefully, we should have a resolution with Metadata API version 33 when it is released for Spring 15.

Has anyone experienced this before ?  

Eric MunsonEric Munson
I have encountered this issue using the Force.com Migration Tool up to Metadata API version 33 (Spring 15). I confirm that your workaround does indeed work for deployment, and it is extremely annoying to have to update manually update the teams later.

I haven't found much else online, even in Salesforce's "known issues" database.
Norman KrishnaNorman Krishna
Thank you Eric for the update as I have not updated to API version 33 yet. Guess I have to submit this to the Salesforce team as a metadata bug. I will keep you posted.
Sofyen ZiadiSofyen Ziadi
Hello, do you have any news on this one ? It is indeed, very annoying not being able to make change set on assignment rules with case teams. I have 300 assignment rules and most of them have Case Teams used in several times in several rules. I always get the "Duplicate case team entry for" error on my change set. Updating Case teams manuall is very heavy and source of discrepancies.
Thank you for your cooperation.
gokuro72gokuro72
running into this also
nikunj mundhra 19nikunj mundhra 19
I got this error, is it still not fixed?
gokuro72gokuro72
still not resolved based on my latest call with my SFDC Success Rep
Bryan Butler 18Bryan Butler 18
Still not resolved