function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro 

service cloud with ticket management system

Hi All,
There is a need to implement service cloud with ticket management system. If anyone has done this kind of implementation before then please guide which approach is better of the following:
1.Use Case object for managing all kinds of tickets as different kind of tickets may have different process flow, different SLA and metrics. The advantage is that salesforce updates will be received as case is a standard object but it might burden one object.
2.Use separate custom object for each kind of ticket which will make managing easier but issue is that salesforce updates won’t be updated on custom objects but it will be a distributed object architecture and will not burden single object.

Thanks in advance !!

pconpcon
Since the Service Cloud revolves around Cases, I would got with option #1.  I have had to try to recreate a lot of the parts you get from the Entitlement object and it's Entitlement Process workflows (SLA) and it is not worth the amount of time it takes.  I would not worry about burdening a single object and would just use Record Types (or just the normal Type field) to determine the type of case you are using.