function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jatin Jain 11Jatin Jain 11 

Publisher js function not working with custom email publisher

In a nutshell the issue is, We've implemented custom email publisher action where we are using publisher js. We are populating email body with the response received with publisher js but its not getting updated. It was working fine till API version 32 but since version 33 its breaking.

Some more pointers on the events which we see while calling this functionality. It looks specific to Custom Publisher action called Send_Email on Case object which contains a visualforce page that has apex:emailPublisher tags.

Following are the javascript events that works on Winter 15 and doesnt work on Spring 15

Winter 15 :CEB EVENT! ns<entityFeed:publisher> en<onShow> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<1> Chatter.js:257 CEB EVENT! ns<action:Case.Email> en<onSetInputValues> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<1> Chatter.js:257 CEB EVENT! ns<entityFeed:publisher> en<onShow> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<0> Chatter.js:257 CEB EVENT! ns<entityFeed:publisher> en<onShow> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<0> Chatter.js:257 CEB EVENT! ns<action:Case.Email> en<onSetInputValues> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<9> Chatter.js:257 CEB EVENT! ns<action:Case.Email> en<onSetInputValues> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<0>Spring 15 :CEB EVENT! ns<entityFeed:publisher> en<onShow> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<4> Chatter.js:257 CEB EVENT! ns<entityFeed:publisher> en<onShow> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<0> EntityFeedCore.js:17 CEB EVENT! ns<entityFeed:publisher> en<onShow> pld<[object Object]> exec-time<1> Chatter.js:257 CEB EVENT! ns<entityFeed:publisher> en<onShow> pld<[object Object]> exec-timeHas any one faced such issue or have any pointer on this? Has salesforce changed/introduced anything new around it?
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
I would recommend you to raise a case with salesforce developer support to get this addressed. If you do not have premier support, please email me at ssrivatsavaya@salesforce.com refering this post along with your org Id and detailed replication steps.
Brendan CBrendan C
I encountered a similar error - what fixed it was adding the standard email template selection tool to the email publisher. Here is my answer in detail:

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/64452/publisher-js-function-not-working-with-custom-email-publisher/66625#66625