function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anna425912anna425912 

Looking for creative way to show the related lists of related objects on a page layout or any kind of view

I have a many to many relationship between my account records, and I am trying to show information from related objects on the same account record.  So if you're looking at an account, you can see the related accounts (related through the junction object) and their related opportunities.  I'm exploring consoles and visualforce pages, and looking for the easiest way to do this because it's a very rushed project.  Are there any visualforce tags that already do this without a ton of customized markup? 
Best Answer chosen by Sonam (Salesforce Developers) 
anna425912anna425912
I don't think that would work because the accounts are in a many-to-many relationship so it is the junction object that is directly related to the account.  I ended up going with a Visualforce page with a pageBlockTable and expandable sub-categories.  Thank you though!

All Answers

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
<apex:relatedList> can help display the related list available on the rcord detail page on the VF:
http://www.salesforce.com/docs/developer/pages/Content/pages_compref_relatedList.htm

As you mentioned that the account already has a self lookup - it will also have a accounts related list on the Account detail page, you can show this same related list on the VF with the use of this tag
anna425912anna425912
I don't think that would work because the accounts are in a many-to-many relationship so it is the junction object that is directly related to the account.  I ended up going with a Visualforce page with a pageBlockTable and expandable sub-categories.  Thank you though!
This was selected as the best answer