function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vj@88Vj@88 

Issue with partial data sandbox sampling

I recently have an issue with lookup fields not copied properly into my partial data sandbox.

I have two lookup fields in Opportunity object. When I refreshed the sandbox, I am getting null pointer error while saving some records.
I found that those look up fields are not copied correctly for all Opps. These fields just show Ids of the records that are not copied. When I click the lookup fields it shows error "The Data Not Available. The data you are trying to access could not be found......".

When I raised a case with Salesfroce Support they replied like this is expected behavior and told that Partial data copies will not copy over all lookup fields properly unless they are required fields or master detailed and advised to blank all the look up fields using data loader.

This is a huge limitation as I cannot clear this fields because of a validation. If this fields are blank, there is no point in having sampled data.

Marty KopkaMarty Kopka
This shows which data is copied. Only Master-Detail Relationships and Required Lookups are preserved, everything else, as you saw, is not: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000206556&type=1