function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajagopal AkellaRajagopal Akella 

How to get Account object's custom fields and their details?

How can i get Account object's custom fields and their details? Like:
ID, FieldName, CreatedBy, CreatedDate.

Result might look like:
00N800000057Vqg, Notes, Raj Akella, 5/5/2014 7:48 PM
KaranrajKaranraj
You can write SOQL query to get record and disaply in a visualforce page or perform any business logic based on it. Below soql will fetch the account standatd fields and custom fields

Select id,Name,Status__c from Account
You have to use to API name of the field when you are going to access prgramatically. For all custom fields '__c' will be appended with the name.To understand better about how salesforce platform works, I suggest you to take a look into Trailhead. https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead This helps you to get start with the salesforce platform. 

Hi Karanraj, My question is not about getting records in Account object.
My question is about getting custom Field details.
Name of the field, who created that field, when was that field created.
Hi Shaijan, describe doesn't give this information.
Shaijan ThomasShaijan Thomas
Tooing API will help you. I am not sure how to use it. If you see the WSDL you will under stand, Setup-->API download tooling API WSDL
Thanks
Shaijan
Hi Shaijan, it doesn't fetch through any WSDL.

Atleast, can anyone tell me how to include "Created By" and "Created date time" columns in: Setup>Customize>Accounts>Fields - Accounts Custom Fields & Relationships - Page layout?
Seems like not possible through apex. Below is the link describing it. But any work around please???? https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000008ywnIAA