function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alva SvobodaAlva Svoboda 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: An object with the API name Campsite_Reservation__c does not exist

Getting this error when I run the challenge even though I created the object per the recipe in my DE, and it even shows that it's there in the screen that appears when I log into the Developer Edition from the Trailhead screen.  I had created the object, and then at the point of running the challenge earlier was getting repeated errors on trying to connect to the server.  Now I'm home, running from a different computer (that's what being on the cloud's about, right?) and my work so far isn't recognized.  Should I delete the object and go through the steps again?
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Alva, can you please share your Dev ORG ID  where you have created the fields to complete the challenge and the challenge question - send in an email to sraju @ salesforce dot com - I will check it at my end.
Laraib_JafriLaraib_Jafri
Same issue here, i have created the object and the custom fields required. User-added image
Hi L Jafri , Can you please share in case you are recieveing any error code with the error message - I will be able to check it with the internal team.
Ken BradfordKen Bradford
Sorry to bother you.  But, I too am getting this message.
User-added imageUser-added image

Sonia ChuSonia Chu
Hi I am taking the Trailhead training wanting to complete my badges this weekend so I can earn my sweatshirt :) 

However, I have been stuck with a couple of challenges whereby it said an error in how I have done my challenge. One is about the <apex:name> which my husband had help me go around after so many frustrating hours. And now this one similar to the problem stated above

The error I get is that I have not put in API as "Trail__c'". 

However, the system does not allow double underscore, and I have changed, deleted, edited so many times I could not get past that error :(

Error massage on Trail_C

Trail__C
Malavika BadamMalavika Badam
Hi ,

Is there any solution for this error, even I am facing the same issue
Jono SharkeyJono Sharkey
I'm getting the same error. Was there a fix in the end?
Isabelle ChartrandIsabelle Chartrand
I also get the same problem. how could that still be happening after so much time?
Izaaz GaffarIzaaz Gaffar
Same problem.
Hello Izaaz, Isabelle, Ryan, Jono and Malvika,

I revisited this thread after looking at the issues you all are facing with this module - I tried this myself and was able to complete the trial without facing any errors. 

Would like to understand if the issue is still persisting for any one of you so I can help debug.

I see Sonia has shared an image where she has named the Object as Trail__c - this should be avoided as Salesforce in the background automatically adds '__c' to the API name once you save the object.

In case any one of you was following the same, kindly change it to show just the name of the Object like "Trail" or "Campsite Reservation" or Camsite" to fix the issue.

I will keep an eye on this thread to help you with this issue.
Hello Izaaz, Isabelle, Ryan, Jono and Malvika,

I revisited this thread after looking at the issues you all are facing with this module - I tried this myself and was able to complete the trial without facing any errors. 

Would like to understand if the issue is still persisting for any one of you so I can help debug.

I see Sonia has shared an image where she has named the Object as Trail__c - this should be avoided as Salesforce in the background automatically adds '__c' to the API name once you save the object.

In case any one of you was following the same, kindly change it to show just the name of the Object like "Trail" or "Campsite Reservation" or Camsite" to fix the issue.

I will keep an eye on this thread to help you with this issue.
Orange11Orange11
Hi,  I am taking the Trailhead beginner administrator training and getting the below error while doing the Data Modelling - Create Object Relationship Hands on Challenge.An object with API name Campsite__c doesnot exist.  I have created the Campsite object and I could see the api name Campsite__c on the custom object Definition Detail. I am not sure why this api is not being recognised by the traihead.
Ryan ArnoldRyan Arnold
My solution: I was getting the same error message when trying to complete the challenge using my OWN Dev org. I decided to try     Using trailhead playground as my org (see drop down list of options under "launch your org"). I was able to then complete the challenge with no errors 😊
Orange11Orange11
Thanks Ryan, I was able to complete the challenge with no erros using the trainhead playground.
Ryan ArnoldRyan Arnold
Hi George

I notice that your custom object appears to be named 'Trial' and not 'Trail'. Could be the spelling mistake is the issue?

Regards

Ryan
steven bilgramsteven bilgram
Copied/Pasted from another thread, and it worked for me.....My solution: I was getting the same error message when trying to complete the challenge using my OWN Dev org. I decided to try     Using trailhead playground as my org (see drop down list of options under "launch your org"). I was able to then complete the challenge with no errors 😊
Russell VenableRussell Venable
I also had this error but instead of doing any of your solutions I replaced " " with a "_" between "Project Name". For some reason it does not process whitespace well. I would suggest a Dev team look into this and confirm it is handeling whitespace properly or make a formula to filter and notify the user that whitespace is not allowed in the API naming convention.