function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Salvatore ParacuolloSalvatore Paracuollo 

Special character problem in knowledge articles import

Hi all,
I'm trying to load a set of knolewdge article from sandbox to production environment (using the import articles), but I have a problem with the special characters: I found the articles uploaded correctly, but in the description field (reach text) I found special characters corroded.
I also tried to use different encoding parameters (UTF8,ISO8859_15_FDIS) in the import.properties file, but no luck!

Can anyone help me please? 
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
Have you gone thru this help article 

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000194097&language=en_US

this might solve your problem.
I saw this solution, but it's about data loader: for importing articles there is the "import articles" functionality in Sf, I'm using that funcionality
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
As per page 2 from below link

There can only be one .csv file and one .properties file. • The .csv file and the .properties file must be in the root directory. • The compression process must preserve the folder and subfolder structure. • The .zip file name can’t contain special characters. • The .zip file can’t exceed 20 MB and the uncompressed files can’t exceed 100 MB. • .csv files can’t have more than 10,000 rows, including the header row. Therefore, you can have a maximum of 9,999 articles and translations. • .csv file rows can’t exceed 400,000 characters. • .csv file cells can’t exceed 32 KB. • Each article in the .csv file can’t have more than 49 translations

https://na10.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_knowledge_import_cheatsheet.pdf
Ok, I saw this page, but I hoped there would be a solution to by pass the problem: there isn't any chance to do that, is there? Have I to fix the problem manually for each record on the csv? :( 
I solved using the following configuration for the parameters in the import.properties file included in the .zip file (uploaded with the import article capability):

CSVEncoding=UTF8
        DefaultHTMLEncoding=UTF-8
        RTAEncoding=UTF-8
        CSVSeparator=,
        #DateFormat=dd-MM-yyyy

Nancy Demers 7Nancy Demers 7
Has anyone found a solution to this?  I am trying to import articles with Japanese characters.  I've saved the CSV file as UTF-8 and every other format, but it still doesn't import properly.  My import.properties file has UTF-8 as suggested, but still the characters show as either ??? or non-readable characters.
Bala Egambaram 9Bala Egambaram 9
Hi,
I am having the same problem. I am trying to import Spanish articles using Salesforce Import Artcile. I have custom rich text field. I created a .html file that contains Spanish text like '¿Podría obtener información'. I have .properties file that contains 
CSVEncoding=UTF8
CSVSeparator=,
RTAEncoding=UTF-8
DefaultHTMLEncoding=UTF-8 

I created .zip file and when I imported the .zip file, in Salesforce the contents shows like '�...'.The question mark suppose to be upside down like ¿

Any idea how to import Spanish article with spanish .html content into Salesforce. I have lot lof Spanish articles that I need to import.

Thanks

Naveen KNNaveen KN

Effective ways to export articles from Salesforce sandbox 
https://www.codekiat.com/2020/04/export-knowledge-articles-salesforce.html 

--
Naveen K N
Ashish Yaduka TrailheadAshish Yaduka Trailhead
Salvatore Paracuollo, your suggestion worked beautifully! Thank you!