function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
claperclaper 

​ios redirection from native app to Salesforce1 visualforce page

We need to figure out the format for the callback URLs to allow another iOS app to open a visual force page in SF1 with a parameter. For example... the PDF doc says to use the following format... 

salesforce1://sObject/{!record.id}/view 

However, other (scarce) resources I can find say to use a different format... 

com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!record.id} 

Both seem to work... this blog entry (https://plus.google.com/108841584505265827017
/posts/GjHbMRmQzC3) says that you can open APEX pages using "apex/pageName" as the record id in the second format, but it does not seem to work. So there are conflicting sources of information and limited documentation. 

Basically, I can find no clear documentation on this.

from IOS app try to open/redirect to a Visualforce Page on SF1
Here is what we are trying to do, and what works so far.... 

1. Have a visualforce page with a x-callback protocol link in it to an external barcode scanner app. This works. 
2. On success from the barcode scanner, call a x-callback protocol link to return the user to SalesForce1. This works so long as we are linking back to a specific record id. HOWEVER, we want to link instead to a VisualForce page and pass it as a parameter the data from the barcode scanner.
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
This (https://na7.my.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce1_url_schemes_ios.pdf) is the official deep linking guide.

You mentioned -> "you can open APEX pages using "apex/pageName" as the record id in the second format, but it does not seem to work."

I'm sure this is officially NOT supported. The way to do it is for a specific record using

salesforce1://sObject/001D000000Jwj9v/view
To answer your other question, "we want to link instead to a VisualForce page and pass it as a parameter the data from the barcode scanner."

I would recommend you look at the query parameters and try passing the VF page using

&iosoru=<URL>

I hope that helps.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please select it as a 'Best Answer' so that it benefits others and helps us improve the overall quality of the forums.

LinvioIncLinvioInc
Hi Claper - 

Where you ever succesful in geting your bar code scanner app to post the scanned values back to a specified Visualforce page in Salesforce1?

- Ron
Fedor LarinFedor Larin
salesforce1://sObject/{!record.id}/view 
How can i get "record.id" from barcode scanner?

Regards.
Fedor
Fedor LarinFedor Larin
I made barcode scanner with Swift.
I want to pass scanned barcode to Salesforce1 and showing details on Salesforce1 app.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Fedor