function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SeAlVaSeAlVa 

Record Locked without approval process, how?

Hello everyone, 

lets see if someone can give me a hint about how this happened.

I have a record that is locked, but going to the related list of approval processes, it is empty.
Moreover, I don't have the button to unlock the record, and yes, I'm system admin.

Kind regards
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi SeAlVa,

If the record is locked, is it that you are not able to edit the value or if you are able to edit but it is not saving the record with updated value?

Thanks,
Pratik
SeAlVaSeAlVa
None of those, 

I'm able to edit because I have modify all.
When I say that it is locked I mean that it looks like the same lock that it has when you submit for approval and set it to "lock the record", that it appears the icon Lock.

Just to make it clear, I'm NOT saying that: 
  • the changes are rejected
  • the changes are ignored
  • I'm getting UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW or any other exception

What I try to say is that:
  • the record is showing the icon Lock
  • this particular record does not have inline editting, while the rest of the non-locked have
  • if I go to Approval History related list it is EMPTY
  • even though the record seems to be locked, I don't have the "Unlock Record" button that usually appears.

Thanks in advance, 
Kind regards.
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi SeAlVa,

Please refr to the below cheatsheet:
https://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/record_locking_cheatsheet.pdf

Thanks,
Pratik
SeAlVaSeAlVa
The document you sent is database locking while performing DMLs and, as I said before, I am NOT getting UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, so I don't get how it can help.
VishZVishZ
Hi SeAlVa,

Did you found any solution for this issue ?
We are also facing similar issue, when the master record is locked the detail record in master detail is showing LOCKED icon.
The same master object is being used in two objects, but only records of one object are getting locked when master record is locked.

I found the below link. But even as per it, when master record is locked, child records of all the objects which are having the same master should be locked ? Isn't it ?
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000005483&language=en_US

This issue is looking wierd for me.