function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Guy KeshetGuy Keshet 

Deploy change field type to picklist does not include picklistValues

I changed a custom object field type from text to picklist, and added some picklist values. (note - the object has no record type, so no record type mapping needed)
I've deployed the change using eclipse IDE (so - using the metadata api), however when I checked on the target org, the field type change was successful, but the picklist values did not deploy.
I repeated the same deployment a second time (no change to the source file)- and now the picklist values have deployed.

Is there any way to deploy both changes at once? Is this a Metadata api bug?!?
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Could you please let me know if you are able to replicate the issue on demand so that I can try investigating the reason?

Thanks,
Shashank
Guy KeshetGuy Keshet
Yes I can Regards, Guy
Karthik Anikode KannanKarthik Anikode Kannan
Hi, 

I am currently facing the same issue. 
When I try to update a custom field from checkbox to picklist and deploy using Eclipse IDE or Ant Tool , the data type is changed to picklist , but the picklist values are not migrated. 

I was able to solve this issue by deploying the same final tag one more time to the target Org. Now , the picklist values were also migrated successfully. 

Please let me know if there is any other solution besides deploying the same final tag twice to the target org. 
Sheila Northrop 13Sheila Northrop 13
I also had this issue. I used a change set. The deployed change set showed the field type changed and the values intact, but when I looked at the field itself, the values had been stripped. I created a new change set with just this field in it and re-deployed - now the picklist values appear. I would rather not deploy twice too - so would appreciate more information. Thanks.