function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Long Nguyen 19Long Nguyen 19 

Knowledge User checkbox

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is Knowledge User checkbox in User detail screen used for?
I read a document says that : although we enable the Salesforce Knowledge, the Knowledges and Articles Management tabs are not visible. We have to tick the Knowledge User checkbox.
But Tab Visiblility is set up in profile only, not sure why related to Knowledge User checkbox.
Best Answer chosen by Long Nguyen 19
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Long,

The Knowledge User is a feature license, so it's on user basis. 

To set up the knowledge base for org, you will have to enable the knowledge base through setup. But to have User access to knowledge, you have to check the Knowledge User checkbox on user record.
The Profile as you mentioned, will give you the access to tab as usual.

You can refer to:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=knowledge_setup_assign_users.htm&language=en_US

Please let us knoe if you have further question.

Thanks,
Pratik

P.S. If this answers you question, please mark it as "Best Answer" so it will help other community members too.

All Answers

Hi Long,

The Knowledge User is a feature license, so it's on user basis. 

To set up the knowledge base for org, you will have to enable the knowledge base through setup. But to have User access to knowledge, you have to check the Knowledge User checkbox on user record.
The Profile as you mentioned, will give you the access to tab as usual.

You can refer to:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=knowledge_setup_assign_users.htm&language=en_US

Please let us knoe if you have further question.

Thanks,
Pratik

P.S. If this answers you question, please mark it as "Best Answer" so it will help other community members too.
This was selected as the best answer
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Hi,

If you want to gie the  knowledge permission goto the user detial page enable the knowlege user  checkbox, 

Then create one article type goto setup -> article type. once you finish to create a new article type

Goto setup -> knowledge -> setting -> enable salesforce knowlege.

Once you enable knowledge please check in your org knowledge and article management tab is visisble

I think it will be helpful for you.

Glad it helped! 

Thanks,
Pratik
Robert HowellRobert Howell
I don't even have a "Knowledge User" checkbox available on my User page. I am a system admin. Any ideas?
Richard Evans 23Richard Evans 23
The Complete Guide to Salesforce Knolwedge has the following:
Salesforce Knowledge is
available in Performance
and Developer Editions and
in Unlimited Edition with the
Service Cloud [license].

Salesforce Knowledge is
available for an additional
cost in: Professional,
Enterprise, and Unlimited
Editions.

Sonot available in Data.com if that is what platfoerm is in use.
AbhisreeAbhisree
I found that I can use "UserPermissionsKnowledgeUser" to set "Knowledge User" but don't know which attribute is for "Service Cloud User". 

Thanks in advance