function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Parteek Goyal 3Parteek Goyal 3 

What is Integration. How to use Integration in Salesforce?

Hi All,

I want to know about integration. What is Integration? How to use Integration in SFDC?
Please help me
Best Answer chosen by Parteek Goyal 3
KevinPKevinP
Dear Parteek,

Integration with Salesforce is a large and complex topic. Large enough to be largely unanswerable as you stated it. 

But I want to take a stab at answering your questions.

Integration is the umbrella term for passing data in and out of Salesforce in an automated manner. 

As for how to use it? There are a number of integration techniques:
  1. You can use a Data loader to ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) data into and out of Salesforce. Salesforce provides a basic Dataloader tool, but you can find more robust feature sets in ETL tools from Mulesoft and Jitterbit.
  2. You can use the incredibly rich set of API's (Application Programming Interface's) to write code that interacts with Salesforce data. Specifically, you can use either SOAP or REST based api's to pass data into Salesforce, Take data out of Salesforce and call certian methods to manipulate data in place.
  3. You can even create custom API methods by writing Apex Code. 
I realize this is an extermely high level overview. If you have other questions that are more focused, I'm more than willing to help. Keep commenting on this thread and I'll be able to respond.