function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shambhvi dixitshambhvi dixit 

Not able to create custom button on Object

Hi All,
I am not able to create A custom button on page Layout section of any Object on developer edition. Please help me
Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Hello Shambhvi,

Could I ask which profile does your user have in the DE org? Maybe your user doesn't have permissions to create custom buttons or modify the app. If so, then the sys admin could give you permisions modifying your user profile checking the chekbox : Customize Application.

Hope it helps, please let me know if no and we can try another solution :)

Thanks,
Carolina. 

shambhvi dixitshambhvi dixit
Hi Carolina Ruiz Medina,

I am Working on System Admin Profile in Developer Edition.
Rov AlmRov Alm
As @Carolina Ruiz Medina mentioned, this happens due to insufficient permission.
Can you elaborate what happens when you try to create a button or add a button to the pagelayout?
Have you created a new button to add to a page layout or are you adding an existing button to the page layout?   

Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Good Point Rov! 

Shambhvi, are you creating the custom button or are you trying to add it to page layout?

How are you trying to create the button? 
Create-> Objects -> Standard Objects or Custom Objects ->  Buttons, Links, and Actions --> New ? 

Please let us know how are you creating the custom button and maybe we can see if we are missing something :) 

Thanks,
Carolina.
alok gupta 11alok gupta 11
hey this is not working
i am not able to create custom object in lightning
in lightning setup->then ->object manager->then nothing will crete or show like i can not crete custom obj
this type page i saw