function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OssieOssie 

Capture when a Case is assigned to a different User

Hello,

I would like to store the 'Date' and 'Role' everytime a Case is assigned to a User that belongs in particulaur 'Role'.

For example: We have 2 teams using Case object in Salesforce 1) Customer Services and 2) Shipping

Sometimes Customer Services need help from Shipping Users in order to Close/Resolve a Case.  In this case CS would assign the Case to a Shipping User (sometimes the Shipping Queue) and add a Comment asking for help. Shipping would review the Case, enter any comments and then re-assign the Case back to CS.  I therefore, would like to store the 'Date' of when the Case was assigned to the Shipping User or Shipping Queue and capture/store the 'Role' of the person who assigned the Case to the Shipping User or Queue.  

Is this possible?

Any advise would be very much appreciated.
StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Ossie,

This is definitly possible and there are a number of ways to achieve it, however, I would ask you to consider why you want this level of detail in the first place as I do not believe it would give you the full picture?

For example, you could create fields to store the date & role of when a case has been transferred, however, where you have a case that has been passed back and forth a few times, then the fields would only contain the details of the last person who transferred it.

Perhaps a better approach would be to utilise the Case history which will automatically track all of this for you by default , and in addition can be used to generate reports and dashboards?

Please remeber to mark this thread as solved with the answer that best helps you.

Kind Regards
Stephen