function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NAlmolaNAlmola 

If certain account creates case, emails must go to predefined contacts

When a particualr Account say ACME creates a case and it is from a particular department, we have a predefined set of email addresses whom need to be copied into the case email correpsondence. This includes any customer associated email workflows for the case. i.e.

1) Autoresponse (customer) 
2) Under Review (customer)
3) Case Assignment (internal)
4) Tech acknowledgement (customer) 
5) Arrival Onsite (customer)
6) Complete (customer) 

Our old system outside of Salesforce was clever enough to do this and in comparison is less powerful a tool than the product. 
Best Answer chosen by NAlmola
goabhigogoabhigo
Did you create workflow email alerts for this? This is easy if the emails are predefined. 
There should be 2 Wroflow rules - 
  1. To update hidden email field in case, as per the type of Account/customer
  2. To send email to the specific email ID
Does that help? Please let me know if you need more clarity.

All Answers

goabhigogoabhigo
Did you create workflow email alerts for this? This is easy if the emails are predefined. 
There should be 2 Wroflow rules - 
  1. To update hidden email field in case, as per the type of Account/customer
  2. To send email to the specific email ID
Does that help? Please let me know if you need more clarity.
This was selected as the best answer
NAlmolaNAlmola
That sounds like a plan! If I add a hidden email field to the case, will that then become available to add into the email workflows under the email field option? 
goabhigogoabhigo
Yes. That's why I suggested email field.
NAlmolaNAlmola
Cool, so have created the following 

1) Name: Watchers_c, Field Type: Picklist 
2) Name: Watchers_Email_Formula_c, Field Type: Formula 
3) Name: Watchers_Email_Account_c, Field Type: Email 

So depending on which value is selected on the Watchers, the appropriate email address will populate field No. 2 and then the 3rd one should update with the value. 

Problem is, I can't seem to get the workflow to conduct the field update for the 3rd field. The criteria's are as follows
Evaluation Criteria: "Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria"
Rule Criteria: "Case: Case Originequals,Email - Service,Phone - Service,Other - Resource"
goabhigogoabhigo
Ok, I assume you are trying to update the value of Watchers_Email_Account__c using/based on Watchers_Email_Formula__c, is it?
You need to be aware of workflow's evaluation criteria - so try changing the value of Watchers__c to anything OTHER than Email - Service, Phone - Service, Other - Resource, then save it. Now, change this field again, and set it to one of the values - Email - Service, Phone - Service, Other - Resource. Now save it. The Wachers_Email_Account__c should be populated now.

Works?

--
Abhi
goabhigogoabhigo
Do you need further help? Did you get it working? Let me know..
goabhigogoabhigo
Is this working now?
NAlmolaNAlmola
Hello Abhi, you have been majorly helpful with this. We now have it implemented and working absolutely fine :-) 
goabhigogoabhigo
Great to know :)