function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tim MaysTim Mays 

Is anyone using Cloud9 to build on Force.com?

It has been a few years since I've worked on Salesfoce. But I'm back for more! I was pocking around looking for a new sparkly IDE that might be waiting for me and I'm left with a feeling of confusion. What is going on? I get that Salesforce has/is working hard on the tooling api but who has a solid IDE solution that has professional support and sparkly toys? I know I know, I can just use the Eclipse plugin but you know, its not sparkly.

Cloud9 looks like the perfect solution for salesforce developers. The two cloud geeks are already working together with Heroku so why don't they have a OOTB Cloud9 solution for Salesforce.com development?

Has anyone tried to hook up a salesforce org with Cloud9? If not someone should make that happen. Or maybe I should have a go at it.
I looked at BrainEngine but the sign up page gives an azure 403, for that last week. It didn’t look like BrainEngine had more than one guy supporting it, and not open source. Maybe I’m overlooking something?

Any up dates on whats going on would be helpful.

Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
Some of our devs like BrainEngine, dedicated Force IDE: http://www.brainengine.net/features.html

Santiago PerezSantiago Perez
Is BrainEngine still being supported? Went to their site and it seems their cloud IDE is dead. Just downloaded the fat client but don't want to waste my time if the movement is dead.  

Jason Curtis NBSFDGJason Curtis NBSFDG
We are still active users and they are up and running as far as I know--they do have plans for their cloud IDE (at least when I talked to them late last year), not sure current status, though.
Matthew CokeMatthew Coke
I am