function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rov AlmRov Alm 

Static resource size exceeds 5 MB

I download the current version of the jQuery Mobile JavaScript library, Zip File: jquery.mobile-1.4.5.zip
The size of this zipped file is 7.54 MB. 
Unable to add this as  a static resource because size exceeds the 5MB limit. 
Any suggestions as to what others do ? Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Rov Alm
KaranrajKaranraj
The  jQuery Mobile zip folder will contains some demo fiels also. We don't need that file while refering the static resource in the visualforce page. You can delete the 'demo' folder in the Zip and recreate the zip and upload into the salesforce. When you remove demo folder then size will coe around 3GB. Hope this reolves your issue

All Answers

SunidharSunidhar
You can create or update static resources to a maximum size of 5 MB. An organization can have up to 250 MB of static resources, total.
Rov AlmRov Alm
@Sunidhar, perhaps you  didn't understand my question. 

KaranrajKaranraj
The  jQuery Mobile zip folder will contains some demo fiels also. We don't need that file while refering the static resource in the visualforce page. You can delete the 'demo' folder in the Zip and recreate the zip and upload into the salesforce. When you remove demo folder then size will coe around 3GB. Hope this reolves your issue
This was selected as the best answer
Rov AlmRov Alm
@karanraj, Thanks!! After deletion of 'demo' folder compressed down to 749KB
Umesh Ramaswamy 4Umesh Ramaswamy 4
@karanraj, Thanks!! It was the best and simplest suggestion, and it worked for me, as @Rov Alm said it drastically reduced memory to ~750KB