function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gaurav Srivastava_SDFCGaurav Srivastava_SDFC 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: All the contact records from the CSV file were not found in the Org.

After importing all Contacts, it is still showing this error. I have tried many times but stuck with the same error. In other org it is working as expected but I am facing this issue in my org. Do not know what is happening here!
Best Answer chosen by Gaurav Srivastava_SDFC
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the information. I will suggest you to try this in fresh DE org, it might be the existing record causing the issues in your org.

Thanks,
Pratik

All Answers

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the information. I will suggest you to try this in fresh DE org, it might be the existing record causing the issues in your org.

Thanks,
Pratik
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Pratik,

Thanks for the reply. I have deleted all records from DB and then again inserted contact records, but still getting the same issue.

Thanks,
Gaurav
Hi Gaurav,

As you mentioned that it's working in other org, so if you can sign up for a new DE org and then go for challenge, and let me know if you still gets an issue.

Thanks,
Pratik
Hi Pratik,

I will try and let you know.

Thanks,
Gaurav
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
You're awesome, Pratik!

Gaurav, remember that if you want all your points and badges to show on one org, just login at the top with the same credentials each time (1). But for the challenges, you can log in with different orgs per challenge if needed (2). See image below.

Screenshot of the two distinct places you login at Trailhead
SFDC@RnSFDC@Rn
Hi Gaurav , 

I had the same error when I used the Data Import Wizard.  I used Import Accounts/Contacts instead and it was successful.

Badge MollyBadge Molly
Yes, I used Import Accounts/Contacts instead and it was successful.  Thank you. 
Christopher Kelly 7Christopher Kelly 7
SFDC Trailhead provided the same error when I used the Data Import Wizard as Trailhead instructed.  After reading this discussion I decided to try the Import Accounts/Contacts. First, I mass deleted all cases and then mass deleted all contacts.  Next, the Import Accounts/Contacts worked successfully, and the Trailhead Challenge verified successfully.
Ravisudhakar PinnintiRavisudhakar Pinninti
Finally i completed the Task after trying for more than 3 hours .. 

Steps are as follows:
1. open the csv file using excel
2. In the FNAME AND LNAME fields .. use Find&Select option and select Replace , Replace the blank spaces.
3. Then in CELL field , Replace the - with blank fields and remove any extra spaces exist using Replace .
4.  save as CSV with the same file name and File is ready for Import .

Vishal ArbuneVishal Arbune
I also stucked for the error "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: All the contact records from the CSV file were not found in the Org." When i used "Import Accounts/Contacts" from standard objects instead of custom objects it worked successfully.

Mary-Ellen McAllisterMary-Ellen McAllister
I was able to get this working with the import wizard by not concatenating salutation in name
Debra UDebra U
Well I have been trying for hours and keep getting the error message.  I am using Standard Objects and accounts/contacts and still not successful.  I am in Playground.  Should I use Developer Edition?  This is ridiculous and very frustratiing!!

Jessica RectorJessica Rector
I ran into the same error.  I created a new playground and it worked as expected!!  
Debra UDebra U
@JessicaRector - that is what I finally did and it worked!!  I have to laugh when the stated time to complete a module is 15 minutes and it takes like 7 hours over a two day period LOL!  Thanks!
Jessica RectorJessica Rector
Debra, I know what you mean!  I get so frustrated sometimes because I'm certain that I've done everything right.  Sometimes, the answer lies in a post like this... once, it was a typo on my end.  Thankful for a community that comes together to figure things out.  Also thankful for being able to laugh it off!!
Sara RodríguezSara Rodríguez
To complete this module I did the following:

1.- Open the CSV file
2.- Join FirstName and LastName in a single column (it can be in the column of FNAME or LNAME) beginning with the separated Surname of a comma with the Name (see documentation https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=field_mapping_for_importing_leads.htm&type=0 )
3.- Save the CSV file and attach it to the Data Import Wizard
4.- For the column that has the Name and Last Name separated by commas, select Contact: Name, for the rest select the one that corresponds.
5.- Start with the import
RémiRémi
Hello Everyone

Same issued faced with this challenge  : Import and Export with Data Management Tools
After importing lead data, I was not able to complete this challenge whereas What I did was perfectly good.

So, as sugested by @Pratik, just change your DE Org. It' will work as expected !
Thx you guys!
Cheers
Rémi

Tom Morse-BrownTom Morse-Brown
What does it mean to change your DE Org? How do you do that?
RémiRémi
@tom I mean use another existing playground (developer edition) to pass the challenge or create à new one
Gopal yadav (ASY)Gopal yadav (ASY)
nothiing much to do just open your csv file in excel and select cell row then click find & select. here just repace the - and any space if there is and then save this file. now open your de org and go to data import wizard and just map the unmapped section and its done .the challange is complete
Devyn RobinsonDevyn Robinson
I got stuck on this for about an hour until I looked up the error and found this helpful thread. Thanks a lot! I first deleted what I had previously imported by doing a Mass Delete (Quick Search > Mass Delete Records). I chose to Mass Delete Contacts. For Step 3 in the mass deletion of records, the criteria set was 'Email' 'Contains' 'example.com.' This easily narrowed it down to selecting only the records in the Excel sheet...unless you created a contact with 'Example.com' as part of their email. Choose Delete.

Then:
  • Open CSV File in Excel
  • Select (highlight) all rows.
  • Use the Find & Select command.
  • Choose Replace and click on the Replace tab in the little dialog that comes up.
  • For the Find What field, type in a hyphen " - "
  • For the Replace With field, type in a space " "
  • Choose Replace All.
  • Then try importing it using the Data Import Wizard.
Leo.KLeo.K
create a new playground and successful
Abby ChinyimbaAbby Chinyimba
PLEASE HELP! I have tried to do all the above suggestions. I have used Import accounts/contacts in a new playground and I have also done what Devyn suggested. I am getting frustrated, help!
Kapi KKapi K

Hi Abby,
Create a new playground from trial head and challenge on that new playground. Select accounts and contacts>>new and update records>> upload  and map the records carefully with Contacts. FN wth contact FN, LN with contact LN, Cell with contact Phone.
once done check the data in Bulk data load JOBS(quick find) and check the object name. It should be contacts. 

Old Playgrounds tend to give this with lot of duplicate data during practice

Nhung Nguyen-EllisNhung Nguyen-Ellis
User-added image

please help

gerald young 6gerald young 6
This was very helpfull.  I have two thoughts about this or concerns. 
1.  Maybe for the lesson they should have you export the existing contacts first.  Then perform a mass delete.
2. Import the new contacts and validate success
3. Import the old contacts 
       Or 
Fix the problem!
I spent a couple of hours on this until I read the message closely and realized it wasn't seeing all of the fields when executing the validation.

Timothy Williams 44Timothy Williams 44
Use the Data Import Wizard Challenge cant be complete
     I am getting the error message "The 'Lead' records from the CSV were not found. Please check the instructions." ! I have tried to complete challenge in DE but it dosent work;I have also tried to create a new playground to complete the challege without any success at all. I have tried to mass delete the contacts but cant seem to find the contacts downloaded within the "Lead Import" File. I have been stuck on the challenge for a couple hours and have exhausted all options( to my untrained eye).
Susmitha Gutha 2Susmitha Gutha 2

Hi Timothy,

I faced the same error today and got it resolved by performing the same actions by logging in to another TP(I havent created new one but Logged in to the previously created one). Give it a shot and let me know of you still face any issue finishing the badge.

Thanks,

Susmitha

priya reddy 41priya reddy 41
Hi,  

I am still facing the same issue and I followed the procedure suggested by others. Can someone help with this ?
Timothy Williams 44Timothy Williams 44
You have to go into the excel spreadsheet file and manually make a column. Then it will read it and you will be able to complete the challenge.
Remus DavidescuRemus Davidescu
Hi all, 
I have tried every single solution I have found in this thread but unfortunately to no avail. 
I still have this error on although i have created a new org, i have tried the mass delete option, i have tried just to update records....I can't seem to find what's wrong  - PLEASE HELP!!

ERROR: 
One of the contact records from the CSV file could not be found in the Org.

Many thanks!!User-added image
nandan raonandan rao
Hi all, 
I have tried every single solution I have found in this thread but unfortunately to no avail. 
I still have this error on although i have created a new org, i have tried the mass delete option, i have tried just to update records....I can't seem to find what's wrong  - PLEASE HELP!!

ERROR: 

Many thanks!!
RodrigoSanRodrigoSan
Hello!
I performed the import in my Developer Edition environment.
The only change I made was to remove the spaces from the emails.
Successfully concluded.
Note: the secret is to look at the completion log.
Sean Ellis 4Sean Ellis 4
Hello all,  I have the same issue and it says

ERROR: 

Any solutions or advice??? I noticed no responses since May
DG virtual CoSanDG virtual CoSan
Hello everyone,
I had the same problem when trying to upload a CSV file to Data Import Wizard, but it was solved only by erasing the quotations marks("") in the CSV file, to be more specific, when I opened the CSV file, I had this contact like this:
Valerie,Duncan,555-555-3433,vduncan@example.com,Ms.,"Senior Member, Technical Staff"

And I changed it just by erasing the quotation marks like this:
Valerie,Duncan,555-555-3433,vduncan@example.com,Ms.,Senior Member, Technical Staff

Hope it can be of good help!