function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Qi HuangQi Huang 

Event Log File shows no result

Hi,
I created my Developer account for a day. I want to check Event Log File API.
I used Workbench to query Event Log File.
I loged into https://workbench.developerforce.com/restExplorer.php. In the Rest Explorer, I query for
/services/data/v32.0/query?q=SELECT+Id+,+EventType+,+LogFile+,+LogDate+,+LogFileLength+FROM+EventLogFile
But it returns me 0 size of result, which means no result. (This method of retrieval is described in this blog: http://simplysfdc.blogspot.ca/2014/10/salesforce-event-log-files.html)
But I know for Developer account, there is Event Log File API available for free, and the retention time is 1 day. So I think I should see something. May I know what's wrong? Is it I have to do something in order to see some records?

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by Qi Huang
Silje OlsenSilje Olsen
No, I did not update any settings or configurations. Mabey you should contact support and verify that it's in fact enabeled in your org?
I have access to several Salesforce orgs, and I see that the eventLogFile object is available in all of them, but it's only in the developer org that it produces any logs.

All Answers

Silje OlsenSilje Olsen
Hi,
I have the same issue. Just found this in the REST API documentation:
"An event generates log data in real time. However, log files are generated the day after an event takes place, during nonpeak hours. Therefore, log file data is unavailable for at least one day after an event. "

Seems like the events won't be available for viewing untill the day after they are created. Which I guess is why we don't see any events in our newly created developer orgs :)
Qi HuangQi Huang
@Olsen, Did you try recently? It has been one week after my account has been created, but I still see the result size is 0.
Silje OlsenSilje Olsen
No, I only tried today. Will let you know tomorrow if any logs have appeared. If not I'll try open a case with support 

Silje OlsenSilje Olsen
Just checked in the REST explorer and there are several EventLogFiles. All from yesterday
Qi HuangQi Huang
@Olsen, thanks for the update. May I know did you do any configuration on your account? Turn on any feature or something?
Silje OlsenSilje Olsen
No, I did not update any settings or configurations. Mabey you should contact support and verify that it's in fact enabeled in your org?
I have access to several Salesforce orgs, and I see that the eventLogFile object is available in all of them, but it's only in the developer org that it produces any logs.
This was selected as the best answer
Qi HuangQi Huang
@Olsen, I'm using a developer account. Thanks for your answer. Finally I can see event coming in today. I suspect it is their API/system got problem. Haven't seen any event for a week. But today, all of a sudden, can see 5 results returned. Thank God!
Good day!