function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Semira@gmail.comSemira@gmail.com 

What is the best method to move profile to different licenses?

Hi all, 

our org recently decided to move all the users to full licenses from platform. However, during the discussion, we notices, all our platform licenses are now converted to full licenses. So when I try to create a new user with platform, the licenses type does not show up as an option, only full licneses. The problem is, we did not create/transfer the profile to full licenses. Now that I have some user pending, what is the best/easy/fast way to create or move those profiles to full liceneses. 

Is there a way I can move instead of creating those profiles from scratch with full licenes? 
Best Answer chosen by Semira@gmail.com
StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi there, 

As the profiles are tied to the licence type, I believe you will have to create new a profile to achieve this. Once you have done this, you may be able to use the dataloader to move users to the new profile. Please note that with the data loader you will also have to specify the licence type if moving from full to platform or vice versa.

Please remember to mark this thread as solved with the answer that best helps you.

Regards
Stephen 

All Answers

StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi there, 

As the profiles are tied to the licence type, I believe you will have to create new a profile to achieve this. Once you have done this, you may be able to use the dataloader to move users to the new profile. Please note that with the data loader you will also have to specify the licence type if moving from full to platform or vice versa.

Please remember to mark this thread as solved with the answer that best helps you.

Regards
Stephen 

This was selected as the best answer
Semira@gmail.comSemira@gmail.com
Seems like I will have to create it manually. Moving the user is the last part for me to worry. However considering creating 12 new profiles with God knws how many objects, this seems ridiculous. Thanks for the info.