function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pairin MasonPairin Mason 

How to access question object of Community Napili Template

Hi,

I was wondering where can I find or what is the object name that store all question posted () in community built on the Napili template?

I looked in Salesforce Question and Reply objects, but found nothing. 

User-added image

Thank you,

Pairin 

PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Pairin ,

Did you check the Object "Question", click on Question tab, you should get question posted on chatter answer here.

Thanks,
Pratik
Pairin MasonPairin Mason

Hi Pratik,

Thanky you for reply.

Yes, I checked the 'Question' object and the Question tab in Salesforce. The questions I posted on my 'Preview' community using  Napili template do not show up in the Question object. 

User-added image

The posted questions only appear in the Question object if I switch my 'Preview' community template to 'Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce' and post in my question under 'Q&A' tab in the community.

User-added image

Any idea?

Thanks,

Pairin

Matt HimeMatt Hime
I'm a little late with a reply,  but,  check out the Feed Item object.  Questions appear as Type='QuestionPost'.
Tor LoegeTor Loege
My understanding is that Napili uses the new Chatter Questions feature which as Matt pointed out is stored in the feeditem object which is where other chatter feeds are stored. Chatter Answers is the old method that use the questions object. I think Salesforce at some point will move away from Chatter Answers (and therefore the questions object) and standardize on Chatter Questions instead.
Shubham Bansal 45Shubham Bansal 45
I have not found Question object in my Dev org is there any setting to enable it or it gets outdated?
Rahul Tandekar 18Rahul Tandekar 18
Did you find the question object? in setup