function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
satheesh8.k1.3890099515516848E12satheesh8.k1.3890099515516848E12 

Migration

HI All,

please any one help me

I am a new for Migration process, please how to do migration ,what is the first step to start the process , before going to first step anything i need to understand ,  please help me and share any documents or pdf

Thanks
Satheesh
Best Answer chosen by satheesh8.k1.3890099515516848E12
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
HI Satheesh,

There are 3 different way to migrate metadata from one org to another.

1. Changeset (Salesforce UI) (This feature is available for PROD,UAT,Dev org. This feature is not available for Developer edition)
2. Eclipse IDE
3. Ant Deployment

As you are new to migration process I will recommend you to migrate component using changesets. you can follow below steps

1. Frist you need to create a connection between two org from where you are migrating the changes from one org to another so go to Deploy->Deployment Connections and setup connections. Edit connection and click Accept inbound connection.
2. Once you have connection between orgs you can create Outbound Changeset. Deploy->Outbound change sets
3. Create New Outbound change sets and Add component to this.
4. Upload the Changeset to target organization.
5. Login to target organization Deploy->Inbound change sets
6. Uploaded changeset will be visible here so you can deploy here.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Salesforce Certified Developer | Administrator | Service Cloud Consultant

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer.

All Answers

HI Satheesh,

There are 3 different way to migrate metadata from one org to another.

1. Changeset (Salesforce UI) (This feature is available for PROD,UAT,Dev org. This feature is not available for Developer edition)
2. Eclipse IDE
3. Ant Deployment

As you are new to migration process I will recommend you to migrate component using changesets. you can follow below steps

1. Frist you need to create a connection between two org from where you are migrating the changes from one org to another so go to Deploy->Deployment Connections and setup connections. Edit connection and click Accept inbound connection.
2. Once you have connection between orgs you can create Outbound Changeset. Deploy->Outbound change sets
3. Create New Outbound change sets and Add component to this.
4. Upload the Changeset to target organization.
5. Login to target organization Deploy->Inbound change sets
6. Uploaded changeset will be visible here so you can deploy here.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Salesforce Certified Developer | Administrator | Service Cloud Consultant

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer.
This was selected as the best answer
satheesh8.k1.3890099515516848E12satheesh8.k1.3890099515516848E12
Hi 
Himanshu Parashar,

is it possible to explain about the migration using Eclipse IDE or Ant Tool ,in My organization most of the people are using Ant Tool for migration process .that's why i need to learn migration process using Ant .

Please Help me.

Thanks
Satheesh
Hi Satheesh,

I personally prefer to use ANT because it gives more control over deployment. I can explain it but it would be great if you can share your woring environment. Windows or linux ?

Thanks,
Himanshu
Oleksandra Oleksandra 4Oleksandra Oleksandra 4
Hello,
I believe that you've successfully migrated data. However, I can't stand by and do not leave here some advice for the users that face the same question.

To avoid any copy/pasting or programming activities yet move the business information smoothly and securely, deliver that task to people who provided over 100k data migrations.

Data2CRM service lets you transfer the desired information between over 100 CRM platforms and files keeping saved relation between all records.
Notice that being a Salesforce partner, the SaaS can provide data switch regardless of the edition you choose.

Take a look at the service on Appexchange
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EjVSuUAN

Hope, it is suitable for advice

Luis GabLuis Gab
You can use Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/connectors/salesforce) for data migration in Salesforce. It is a freemium app with no code.