function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kamil DurusuKamil Durusu 

trailhead glitch - roll up summary

I have completed every challenge but this. Everything seems like normal but system keeps telling me this error:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Service__c]: [Service__c]

I tried same challange with my another account to make sure i am not doing it wrong, and it's accepted by trailhead. But with this account it keeps telling that error. Don't know what to do, any clue?

Best Answer chosen by Kamil Durusu
sfdcdevsfdcdev
The Service__c Field is required on the object on which you're creating roll-up summary field.

Go to the Setup--Create--Objects--Select the Object on which you've created the Service__c field--Edit the Service__c field and uncheck the required checkbox--Save

Now Click on Check Challenge,you'll be awarded your point.

All Answers

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
Hi Kamil,

Can you share your usernames for both accounts here. I will escalate it to the Trailhead team - Chris Durate and Sandeep Bhanot to get it resolved.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

Kamil DurusuKamil Durusu
Hello thanks for your support in advance:

Problem accured with username: dralppar@gmail.com
my other account w/o any problem -roll up summary challange- alppar@hotmail.com

Best,

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
I have informed the Trailhead team about this thread. Stay tuned for updates.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

sfdcdevsfdcdev
The Service__c Field is required on the object on which you're creating roll-up summary field.

Go to the Setup--Create--Objects--Select the Object on which you've created the Service__c field--Edit the Service__c field and uncheck the required checkbox--Save

Now Click on Check Challenge,you'll be awarded your point.
This was selected as the best answer
Kamil DurusuKamil Durusu
Service was an another object not related to trailhead, i completly deleted it and after that re-check challenge, it works. Still don't understand the relation between that object and roll-up challange, anyway i have my badge, thanks all. 

Thanks 
Joe KatzmanJoe Katzman
I'm getting something similar:

"There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Discount_Percent__c]: [Discount_Percent__c]"

Oddly, my Opportunities object already has this exact field, type is Percent(3,2). So I don't get the problem. See:

User-added image

Meanwhile, to solve the challenge I've created a new field under the Accounts object. Potential_Value__c is a Roll-Up Summary field using SUM, aggregating "Opportunity: Expected Revenue". That seems right. Here are the exact instructions:

Add a custom field to the standard account object that provides a rollup summary of the total expected revenue from all related opportunities.The rollup summary field should be labeled 'Potential Value' and have the Field Name of 'Potential_Value'. The resulting API name should be 'Potential_Value__c'.
The rollup summary should calculate the total expected revenue of all the opportunities related to the account.

So, I'm puzzled. Can someone help?

As a general aside... if there is an additional field involved that was suggested elsewhere in Trailhead, it would be useful if Trailhead would point us via links to all challenge pre-requisite tasks. (But my problem seems to be that the pre-requisite is there but unrecognized).
Joe KatzmanJoe Katzman
In the spirit of "Screenshot or it didn't happen"....

User-added image
sfdcdevsfdcdev
Hi Joe,

Discount_Percent__c Field is required either through validation rule, trigger or pagelayout.Please make sure to deactivate the validation rule/trigger and/or deselect the required checkbox on Discount_Percent__c Field when you check the challenge.
Joe KatzmanJoe Katzman
Bingo! That did it, challenge complete.

I seem to require having to add this field earlier in Trailhead, and whether it was required or chosen, I had indeed checked the "Required" checkbox for Discount_Percent__c. A subtle thing, but now I know what to look for. Thanks!
divey sainidivey saini
Where is the "Required" checkbox located? I can't seem to find it.
sfdcdevsfdcdev
Go to object detail page--->Custom Fields & Relationships--->Select Edit infront of Service__c Field-->under General Options you should find required checkbox
Jess BurghJess Burgh
Hey all I keep getting this error message:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The field 'Potential_Value__c' does not exist

User-added image
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  And I also got the same message for the unit prior to this one. Help!!