function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
admin sureshadmin suresh 

how to change productbook of existing products?

I have data of opportunities and related products data. My requirement is to migrate opportunities from one recordtype to another and move related products to another pricebook(productbook)?

Please give step by step procedure how to do it?
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Suresh,

The products which you add to opportunity are related to pricebook. When you add the Product to opportunity line item, you first select the Pricebook and then choose the Products.
If you want to change the Pricebook associated with opportunity, the current products associated with opportunity will be deleted,  and then you can choose the Pricebook and add products.

Thanks,
Pratik
admin sureshadmin suresh
hi pratik,

my question is how to move the exsting products from one pricebook to another pricebook? please give step by step solution. i am new to salesforce?
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Suresh,

You can Add the Product in the Pricebook. Go to Pricebook Tab-> Click on the pricebook name in which you want to move the Product-> Under the Product related list click on Add button-> Add the Product to the pricebook.

You can add the product to the pricebook. If you want to move from one product from one pricebook to other, delet the product from first pricebook and add the Product to other pricebook as mentioned above.

Thanks,
Pratik