function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VANAPARTHI SRIKANTHVANAPARTHI SRIKANTH 

Login issues

Hi All,

I have an dought any one please help me out.

When an salesforce is opened in 4 different tabs like Home,chatter,Accounts and contacts and then Session Timeout value is selected as 15 min and checked Disable session timeout warning popup and salesforce is not used for 15 - 20 min.

1) Then does salesforce log-out automatically?
2) If it log-out automatically then can we log - in immediately?
3) Can we log - in into one tab and then refresh all other 3 tabs so that it be logged - in automatically in all the tabs?

User-added image

Thanks for the reply in advance.
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Srikanth,

here are the answers.

1. The last active session time value isn’t updated until halfway through the timeout period. That is, if you have a 30 minute timeout, the system won’t check for activity until 15 minutes have passed. For example, assume you have a 30 minute timeout value. If you update a record after 10 minutes, the last active session time value won’t be updated because there was no activity after 15 minutes. You’ll be logged out in 20 more minutes (30 minutes total) because the last active session time wasn’t updated. Suppose you update a record after 20 minutes. That’s five minutes after the last active session time is checked, so your timeout resets and you have another 30 minutes before being logged out, for a total of 50 minutes. 
https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=admin_sessions.htm

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Salesforce Certified Developer | Administrator | Service Cloud Consultant

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.