function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Josip Juric87Josip Juric87 

Hybrid Remote apps & Apple review

I have read somewhere, that Apple revision will reject apps which just redirect the user to a remote page (e.g. Salesforce). Is this true? Does this mean that Hybrid Remote apps will be rejected by Apple revision?
Best Answer chosen by Josip Juric87
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
That is simply not true. I have a couple of hybrid apps on Apple App Store. The review guidelines state

2.12 - Apps that are not very useful, are simply web sites bundled as apps, or do not provide any lasting entertainment value may be rejected

This essentially means if your app is not doing anything meaningful and is a sample wrapper over a website, it may be rejected. If you are building a hybrid app using Mobile SDK, it uses Salesforce oAuth for WebView and then loads either your local pages or VF pages (depending on how you build your app) so there are no such concerns.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker